Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I want to know if someone connects to my network and I have

Hi!I want to know if someone connects to my network and I have Cisco Umbrella, can I find out on what device he connected to my network?

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

It has great features interms or secuirty but unfortunately you can't detect which device connected

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
basically my company has cisco umbrella and someone mistakenly connected to the wi-fi and accessed an inappropriate website that got flagged up. Can this be traced back to that person?

No, not with cisco umbrella. You need a firewall network device which registeres IP with MAC address to trace back

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
do you think the company would have something like this?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think this person used a MacBook or a phone. She isn’t sure

Possibly, suggest to your computer to look at the config and logs in the firewall device in the network.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what would you suggest for this person to do so it won’t get traced back to her?

Are we on the side of the company to track them or the employee who deosn't want to get tracked?

either way, once they check the logs, they can track to an IP and mac address of the device, they wont recessarily know the name, its be a unique number. If this person wants to stay anonymous, just dont connect that phone/mac back to that same network in the future