Bing
Bing, Network Architect
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I’m struggling to establish a connection with my netgear

Customer Question

I’m struggling to establish a connection with my netgear router to my modem, I’ve reset it I think but it’s still flashing amber next to the power icon
JA: What's the model of your NETGEAR router?
Customer: XR30”” XR300
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried unplugging both router and modem and waited 2 minutes and it went normal but the connection still wasn’t there when I tried using it on the netgear connection page
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bing replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. Is it possible for you to upload a photo showing how the LED indicators look like for a technical review? Thanks.
Expert:  Bing replied 1 year ago.

As no further input gathered against my last clarifying question, I now provide a general answer based on the given description and common situations.

Expert:  Bing replied 1 year ago.

If you see the Internet indicator is not in green, that normally means the Intenet connection got issues. It could be your local cable issue or something wrong from the provider side.

If you see the Wi-Fi indicator is off, that means your local Wi-Fi hasn't been enabled. Just enable it.