Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have had trouble with the internet the engineer has called

Customer Question

I have had trouble with the internet the engineer has called and internet ok. Can get BBC i player but nothing else. when I press the Freeview button it says it cannot connect to the server.
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: A red screen nothing else just the words I have stated. I will point out that I have just had another router the engineer would not look at problem on tv
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: my tv plugs into mains
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes before I changed router and the internet disruption I had all freeview channels
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

The apps on a TV are very basic, it means the app server has an outage or issues then the apps wont connect. My recommendation is to get Chromecast or Amazon Firestick to avoid this. You need a 3rd party device to be able to get that on your TV as the TV apps are very basic and not fully functional. Invest in devices such as Amazon Fire Stick or Google ChromeCast and then you can watch them on your TV. You can purchase them from these links:

ChromeCast: https://www.amazon.com/chromecast/s?k=chromecast
Amazon Firestick: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------