Rafi
Rafi, Network Administrator
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

My WiFi is not working, I don’t know. It was working

Customer Question

My WiFi is not working
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: I don’t know. It was working yesterday fine but only getting 2 green dots after pressing reset
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: the 2 green dots but nothing in the middle dpt
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am changing my address on Saturday to the flat next door engineer coming to reconnect me Saturday
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone helping me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just paid £5 and nothing is happening??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are moving to the apartment next door and continuing with sky broadband, our start date is tomorrow however in the current apartment there is no internet.
Expert:  Rafi replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. I am Rafi and I will try to do my best to help you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please take the time to carefully read and follow the instructions.

To answer your question -

We will need to do a few resets to rule out a few things.

Before you begin, make sure that:

• Other devices in your home can connect to your network. If they can't connect, you may need to contact your Internet service provider for additional help.
  • You know your Wi-Fi password. If you don't know your Wi-Fi password, you may need to refer to your router manufacturer or Internet service provider for additional help.
  • Your device is on the latest software version. You can install the latest software version wirelessly if you're able to connect to a stable network.

Then:

1. Restart your device.
  2. Move closer to your router (if possible). From your device, check if you can connect to your Wi-Fi network. If your network doesn't appear in the list, tap Scan from the Wi-Fi menu. If you still don't see your preferred network, you can add it manually to your device.
  3. Restart your router and modem. Unplug your modem and router, wait a full 30 seconds, and then plug the modem in. After your modem turns on, plug in your router and wait for it to turn on.

If you still can't connect to your network, or you still have limited connectivity, your Internet service provider would need to check your signal and/or replace the modem.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.