Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have an LG 42" smart TV I can get sound and menus on

I have an LG 42" smart TV I can get sound and menus on screen but no visual programmes
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG42LB650V 7 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes I have a virgin Tivo box through which we connect
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: The TV has been difficult to switch on and remain on for about a week I have been watching earlier this afternoon but about 20 minutes ago I tried switching on and have no picture on any channel at all
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

I suggest you to upgrade the firmware on your LG tv and then test - https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.