Mark W
Mark W, Consultant
Experience:  BSc in Computer Science
106604827

I want to buy a smart tv. I want to be able to mirror some

I want to buy a smart tv. I want to be able to mirror some of the apps on my iPad such as Zoom and specialist streaming such as concerts and theatre. How can I do this? Should I also get a sound bar?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: its a Samsung LE26B450C... it is about 8 years old. Connected to our wireless network thro a humid Freeview receiver
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv menu works. There is a pc source but I can’t see how to connect an ipad
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LE26B450C? What happened right before this?
Customer: i have never managed to mirror my iPad to it. Don’ know how to
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome to JustAnswer.
My Name is***** will do my best to help you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am currently
reviewing your question and the information you have provided.
Thanks Again,
Andy

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

From what you told my assistant Pearl I have been able to investigate your problem and come up with the following response:

1. First, download ApowerMirror both on your iPhone and iPad.
  2. On your iPhone, go to “Settings” > “Control Center” > “Customize Controls” > add “Screen Recording”.
  3. Launch the app on your phone and then tap the “M” button to search for your iPad. Tap the name of your iPad.
  4. Open Control Center.

I hope my answer helps you resolve your problem, if this does not resolve your problem or you need a follow up please let me know & we will work together to resolve this.

Once again, thank you for choosing Just Answer and giving me the opportunity to help answer your question!
Andy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andy My question was whether I can mirror my iPad onto my SamsungLE26B450C tv and if so how. I have ApowerMirror installed but it does not recognise the tv or Humix Freeplay recorder and I don’t see how to download ApowerMirror on to them. Do I need to buy a new smart tv and will I then Be able to mirror apps like Zoom or specialist streaming like theatre and concerts onto the new tv?

Hi there,

The simplest option is just to buy an adapter.

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
by Amazon
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Zv32EbV81AVVG

Mark W, Consultant
Experience: BSc in Computer Science
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have connected my iPad to the HDMI1 (DV1 port) on my tv using the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable. This is the port for a PC. The ApowerMirror app says I have a connection but the tv says ‘Check cable connection’. I know the cable is sound. Do I need to change any settings on my iPad or what?

Hi there,

If you are using the cable, you don't need to use the ApowerMirror app at all. Your iPad screen will automatically be mirrored. On your TV remote, you just need to select the input to HDMI1

(using the Source button on your remote)

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202044 for further details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Wayne. I’ve got it to work now!

Great.

Mark