Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Would appreciate advice on a problem, which will occur in a

would appreciate advice on a problem, which will occur in a few months time when I move house.I currently have a Mac Mini2.5,which meets my computing needs and is directly plugged in to my Virgin Media Router. The property I will be moving to currently has a BT router sited in the hallway, which is not convenient for me as I wish to use my computer in the room directly above. My question is can a device be fitted to the Mac mini so it does not have to be plugged direct into the router. VirginMedia does not have a cable system in the location of the new property. My printer is wifi so assume will still operate though not next to the router which is the current position
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: I will not be able to at the new property
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: White
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

You can purchase a wifi adaptor that you plug into the Mac and then that should catch the Virgin media router

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the advice. Should the WiFi adapts be a specific Apple product or is there a more generic one on the market, which is likely to be cheaper?

You can get a generic one from any brand, they are all universal

Ameen Khan,
Experience: Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks very much

Welcome to Just Answer tech support! Divy here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses may not be immediate. I thank you for your patience.

• I would like to inform you that Mac Mini (Late 2012) supports WiFi connection.
  • You should be able to connect your Mac Mini wirelessly to a WiFi modem without the need of a WiFi adapter.