Bing
Bing, Network Architect
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I want to connect a TP-link adapter to an existing powerline

Customer Question

I want to connect a TP-link adapter to an existing powerline network without a pair button
JA: What's the model of your TP-Link router?
Customer: I do not have a TP-link router. It is a Frriz-box
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pressing the pair button om the TPlink adappter
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The existing powerline network contains two adapters. One near the router and a second one for an other computer
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bing replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Please advise the exact model number of your POE device. Also from TP-Link?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The TP-link is TL-PA401OP Kit. I have no POE (Power Over Ethernet). The router is a Fritz-box 7581 as delivered by my ISP
Expert:  Bing replied 6 days ago.

Can I know why you don't want to press the Pair button for adding or pairing a device?

You may try managing your Powerline Network via tpPLC Utility, though I never tried this way before.

The tpPLC utility enables you to view and manage your TP-Link powerline network. Its bold and intuitive interface helps you easily configure each powerline device.

You can find the utility and its user guide on the product support page at http://www.tp-link.com.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Two problems: I try to avoid Windows as much as possible. I tried to install tpplc on Windows 10 but the installation is aborted because installation of tpplc was aborted
Expert:  Bing replied 5 days ago.

I would say, the TP-Link utility is optional. The pairing button is necessary.