Mian-Wisal Ahmad
Mian-Wisal Ahmad,
Experience:  Field Engineer at DWP Group
107108665

What is the best route to become a cloud engineer or cloud

What is the best route to become a cloud engineer or cloud architect. What qualifications do I need to get in order to get this job role. Any advice generally regarding cloud engineering. Many thanks

Hi, my name is***** to Just Answer. I understand how you feel. That sounds frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please ignore the optional premium request of secure remote which is automatically generated by the site (not by me). I’m okay with chat.

Dear valued customer, if you are asking for a degree program then you can choose "Computer Science", "Software Engineering" or "Electrical Communication Engineering" as cloud is correlated in those fields.

If you have a degree and want to pursue a carrier as a cloud engineer then I would advise you to first learn about "Virtual Machines".

Learn how VM works, how to create VMs?

You can target VMware certifications in order to learn about virtual machines.

In order to learn Cloud architecture, I would advise targeting the AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Azure certifications. After getting enough knowledge and certifications like these, you can apply for the job as a Cloud Engineer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you so much. Where would be the best place to learn about Virtual Machines. Could you give me some examples of some VMware certifications. Many thanks.

You're most welcome. Please check the links below. One is the certification track of VMware and the other is the "Certification Page" of VMware. Please check and let me know if you have any follow-up questions. I would really recommend going to the "Cloud Management and Automation" certification.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmware-certification-tracks-diagram.pdf

https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification.html