Mian-Wisal Ahmad
Mian-Wisal Ahmad,
Experience:  Field Engineer at DWP Group
107108665

I’m not very technologically minded so I might struggle to

Hello there I’m not very technologically minded so I might struggle to explain. I’m currently not able to connect to the internet via my PlayStation. I have had the line tested from my internet provider, a new router has been sent out and an open reach engineer has been today and we still can’t resolve the issue? If I use my mobile as a hotspot I can connect but using WiFi or and LAN cable (ethanet) cable it won’t connect? Please can you possibly advise as to what the issue might be?
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: No
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: Internet light green WiFi light green engineer has checked all of this this morning he was baffled to what it might be?
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes please on his laptop he said that my PlayStation devise was coming up unknown? With and set of serial numbers I took a photo of this which I can send through if that helps? Not sure how though?

Hi, my name is***** to Just Answer. I understand how you feel. That sounds frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Note: Secure Remote Assistance is optional NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

Dear Valued Customer, You can use either Wi-Fi or a LAN (Ethernet) cable or connect your PS4™ system to the Internet.
Select (Settings) > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection], and then follow the on-screen instructions to configure network settings.

Connecting with a LAN cable (for a wired connection)

Select [Use a LAN Cable]. When you select [Easy] and follow the on-screen instructions, setup is automatic.

Connecting with Wi-Fi (for a wireless connection)

Select [Use Wi-Fi], and then select [Easy] to view a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to, and then configure the settings.
If the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to is not found, select [Set Up Manually], and then configure the settings.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I have tried connecting with WiFi and a LAN cable but cannot get connected? I can connect if I use my mobile as a hotspot but if I tired to connect via WiFi or the cable it fails every time at the internet connection stage? It’s finding the router, finding the IP address but fails at internet connect?

If you are trying to connect it through Wifi, can you please try to connect your PS4 through Custom settings instead of Easy mode?

I am sharing a video link for pictorial assistance, please make sure to use manual DNS settings, please set the Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5OT2g2EdE

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry don’t want to have to pay for this support I can’t afford that. I have emailed PlayStation to ask for there help.

Dear Valued Customer, please ignore the premium services which is optional, please follow the steps on the above video link and make sure to set the DNS settings manually.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I would rather use the LAN cable which is connected as my WiFi strength isn’t that great.

Please try the same step only click on Use a LAN cable, set the DNS settings manually.

The attached video link for LAN Cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrq_hBP3Ho

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi there thank you so much I’ve watched that link and it has now worked. You are amazing and have done something that no one else has been able to figure out in over a week. �� I’m really very grateful for your help and support today. ����

You are most welcome, I am glad that your problem is resolved. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my services,

Thank you for joining JustAnswer

Please take care of yourself and stay blessed.