SaloniM
SaloniM, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

I am just setting up the youview box and it cannot find my

I am just setting up the youview box and it cannot find my router. It is connected via a powerline
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Talk talk
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked the plug is properly plugged in and the network cable is attached to both the plug and the box
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nor sure what you mean

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Janice

Hi Janice,

Greetings for the day!

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

1. Please make sure you've got everything

As well as your YouView connection and user guide, you should have each of the following:

• YouView set top box
    • YouView remote and a pair of AAA batteries
    • 10m Ethernet cable (white)
    • HDMI cable (black)
    • Two part power supply
  2. Connect the aerial cable to your YouView box

Unplug your TV aerial from whatever it's currently connected to and plug it in to the Aerial In socket on the back of your YouView box.

3. Connect your YouView box to your TV

Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI socket on your YouView box and the other end to one of the HDMI sockets on your TV.

Now switch on your TV and choose the source that corresponds to the socket you connected to (e.g. HDMI1 if you

4. Connect your YouView box to your router

Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to one of the spare yellow Ethernet (ETH) sockets on the back of your Plusnet router.

Don't use port 4 as this is used to supply your Fibre broadband.

Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet socket on the back of your YouView box.

If the Ethernet cable isn't long enough...

You'll need to use Powerline adapters to connect your YouView box to your Plusnet router.

Follow our setup guide for Powerline adapters and return here when you're ready to continue. If you need Powerline adapters but haven't ordered them, please contact our Support Team.

5. Connect the power cables

Connect the power cable to a wall socket and make sure it's switched on.

The power light on your YouView box will now turn red.

6. Switch on your YouView box

If you haven't done so already, pop the batteries into the YouView remote.

Press the blue Power button on your YouView remote (or on your YouView box if you prefer). The power light on the front of the YouView box will turn blue and after a minute or two you'll see 'Welcome to YouView' on your TV screen.

Follow the instructions you see on screen, using your YouView remote to select the options you want. See our first time setup guide if you need any help with this.

If you can't see anything on screen

Make sure all cables are connected securely, your TV is on and it's set to use the correct source channel (e.g. if you used the HDMI1 socket, your TV should be set to HDMI1).

If you're still having problems, please see our guide to Picture problems on all channels.

7. All finished

That's all you need to do. You can now start watching TV through your YouView box.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I'm no spring chicken! It will take me a little while to do all this

You're most welcome. Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Saloni