K Dismas
K Dismas, CCIE
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I have a meraki mx250 which I've configured the sfp+ wa n

Hi I have a meraki mx250 which I've configured the sfp+ wa n port with the address given by the is. (Tested on laptop and is working)
However the merali won't connect to the Internet or cloud service. Any ideas?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

May I know what have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've tried using sfp+ and sfp+ with lc to lc cables to make the connection with a switch between the mx250 and the is router.

Okay. Please allow me a moment to figure this out.

May I know if did you try to check if your router is compatible with Meraki?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Its a cisco 1111 provided by my isp. I was under the impression that the device would detect wan interface. Ive set it up locally on mx250 via management port.

May I know if do you have SFP transceiver?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have sfp+ to sfp+ cables and sfp transceivers. I tried them with fibre but same issue. Qm goi g to try another transceiver tomorrow poss a media convertor

I'm afraid you will need SFP transceivers in your case. MX250 requires an SFP transceiver. I suggest you also try reaching out to the Support to check and confirm if there are any back-end options to enable leverage of a LAN port on your MX250 as a WAN port. It's worth a shot. You can reach them out through email or call. Please click on the link below to get started.

meraki.cisco.com/form/contact/

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The product page says that both transceiver and sfp cables are compatible. Ill try a different one then contact support. Thankyou for your help

Okay, great! I hope it works and enables you to resolve the issue you have. If there’s anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank you.