K Dismas
K Dismas, CCIE
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

My computer does connect to the internet, my computer is HP

Hi my computer does connect to the internet
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: my computer is HP amd wifi sky
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: sky
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: my computer syas to connect through a cable ethernet but the ethernet cable has the same ends on both side and does jot dir in my computer
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

May I know what you have tried so far?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not much went in the setting and try to restart the computer. Wifi isnworking on my cell so is there a way i could use my cell wifi on the domoutery?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i would like you to connet but if i cant connect to internet you wont be able to connect
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am communucating with me cell right now

I would like to clarify,

1. is your computer able or unable to connect to the internet?
  2. If your computer won't connect to internet and you phone can, do you want your phone to connect to your computer so that your computer can access internet?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My computer can not connect to thw wifi( problem i would like to fix) but my cell can.
So what do you propose we could do?

What connection are you using on your computer? Is it wifi?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Is it a laptop our desktop computer?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Laptop

Okay, give me a moment please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I usually connect to SKYDC275

Hi, try to check these below:

1. The date and time should be right
  2. Check also the timezone
  3. Try to check for windows update, go to settings > updates

If still cannot fix the issue, would like to connect your phone to act as a portable hotspot?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (77SVT6G)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is itnpossible to talm ove the phone?

Yes, it is possible, would like to try it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
07 873 991 520

No, please don't give your phone number.

May I know what phone do you have there?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
07 873 991 520

No, not phone number, phone BRAND and MODEL.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you get that my computer is not connected to the internet so you cant connect?

Yes, I am fully aware of that. What we want to do know is to connect your phone to wifi > connect your phone to the computer so that your computer can have access to a computer. But before I can do that I know to know what is the brand and model of your phone.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
iPhone
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Iphone 12

Okay, hold on.

Here, I know how frustrating it is for you, but in your case, you can connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and share it internet with your laptop so your laptop can access the internet after. Please visit the link below and navigate to the highlighted text for more detailed instructions.

If you are having trouble following the steps, you can also watch this guide for a more specific and more detailed processes. Please click below:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok i have acces nowz thank you.
you can connect to my computer now. I would need to get the link in my emaila I guess?

If you're referring to the $39 remote control service, I'm afraid I won't be able to accept it at this moment.

Meanwhile, you can perform the windows update from your phone now since your computer can access the internet.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you think that the update are the reason i cant connect to wifi?

No, but the update can fix most problems with your system including internet connections.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if it does not solve the problem can i have someone to connect to my computer to fix it?

Sure, of course, you can try to perform updates and check if that helps. Also, online experts right now can connect to your computer sooner as long as they will see that you have accepted the secure remote request.

In addition, I can still assist you if the problem still persists.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i did click on that but it says that the technician is not available. I would prefer to have someone look at it. It works with my phone but not without

Okay, if that is the case I will accept the offer so I can connect with you, is that okay?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok perfect thank you

Okay, please do it on your computer. I want you to download this file from this link

1. Click the AGREE button to start the download
  2. After downloading kindly RUN the downloaded file.

Please let me know if you have done these instructions, I am also here waiting on my end so I can connect with you.

Have a great day! Thank you for your patience, the problem is all about VPN.