Kat
Kat, Consultant
Experience:  Expert
110517830

Give some examples of reasons an administrator might choose

Customer Question

Give some examples of reasons an administrator might choose to block specific ports from
normal traffic.Describe in detail how a protocol such as SSH can be used to circumvent firewall
restrictions.Give an example of a time when someone might use SSH tunneling for a perfectly
legitimate reason, and one where someone might use it for more disreputable purposes.Please help
Category: Networking
Expert:  James Benton replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to JustAnswer, a paid question / answer service. You have reached the information technology department and my name is***** goal is to reach a timely and accurate resolution to your issue. It will be an honor assisting you today. When we conclude this session, please rate the assistance I will provide.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I understand you need an explanation for usages of Secure Shell.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No problem, and yes that is correct please, to answer the questions, I think I have an idea for some of them if it would help I could share?

Allow me some time to compose your response please.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello, thank you
did you manage to?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have answered the last 2 myself now, the main one I'm stuck on is the first part
Expert:  James Benton replied 15 days ago.
Sorry for the delay, something totally threw me off track yesterday. I'm signed in to my primary job currently and will opt out of your question for you to receive a faster reply.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's okay I've completed that question now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If possible could you help me with another question Mr. Beig please. I am not sure if it is your area though. It is about cyber security
Expert:  Kat replied 15 days ago.
Welcome to JA, you can raise additional questions here

Do let me know if I can assist with your earlier question about circumventing firewalls.