Benjie
Benjie, PC Technician
Experience:  Computer and IT Support Engineer
102836769

I have changed router and internet provider. Cannot link

Customer Question

I have changed router and internet provider. Cannot link Sonos one. Tried everything. Also with Ethernet cable. Cannot find it
JA: What's the brand and model of your router? How old is it?
Customer: Sonos one. It’s about 4 yrs old. Worked well until changed internet provider
JA: How long has this been going on with your router? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only since last fri when sky came. Tried all normal connections. Also Ethernet cable
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I'm Benjie and I can help you today.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All the usual that it tells you. Plus used Ethernet cable connect to router and Sonos. Does not find it
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the information provided. I understand that you have a problem with your Device right now. This is not the experience we want you to have. Let me do my best to help you.

I suggest resetting your Sono.

Here's how to factory reset them all:

1. Unplug the speaker.

2. Press and hold the Connect button located on the back of the speaker. Plug the speaker back into the wall out.

3. Continue holding down the Connect button until the speaker's light starts flashing white and amber.

4. When the light starts flashing green, the speaker has been reset

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did u get my mess
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Please, Read and follow the instructions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will I use all the music.
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Yes after you connect again your Sono.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How will I get all the music back on
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will the music that I have loaded will that be saved if go back to factory settings
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

YOu must connect 1st the sono to your new router or wifi.

Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

My instruction is only a wifi reset so that you can set up your new wifi router to your sono.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Done. Still saying no internet connection. But we do have internet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Gone green again now
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Have you already connect the sono to your wifi?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. Will not connect. Says no internet
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

To connect your Sonos system to a new router or Wi-Fi network.

Follow the steps below to get started.

1. Open the Sonos S2 app for iOS or Android. This process cannot be completed using the Sonos app for Mac or PC.
  2. When you see the message “Unable to connect to Sonos,” tap Let’s fix it to get started. You can also go to the Settings tab and tap one of the prompts that appear: “Unable to find your Sonos system” or “Update your network settings.”
  3. Follow the instructions to connect Sonos to your new router or Wi-Fi network.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You got to pay for it. This is stupid
Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

Regarding that, customer service will gladly assist you with refunds, charges, cancellations, and subscriptions.

I, like you, am a site user, so I don't have access to your account information or charges. Please try clicking the following links:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Expert:  Benjie replied 12 days ago.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help.

In case you missed my last response, I want to provide it to you again. You can always ask a follow-up question:

Follow the steps below to get started.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to help.

If you are not satisfied, we can go back-and-forth until you have the answer you need.