hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer networking problems
40928634

Do you need a landline for broadband and WiFi?

Customer Question

Do you need a landline for broadband and WiFi ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 8 days ago.

Firstly please note that the solicitation for PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALL are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them for now. Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website. Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. I am sorry that you having a problem with your equipment and will help you resolve the issue. I am reviewing your question and will answer you shortly. Thank you for your patience! Please note that you have reached website is JustAnswer.com which is an independent PAID question and answer website. Lastly, please note that the solicitation for PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALL are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them for now. Thank you very much indeed for your business!

Only if you are getting your Internet broadband signal using a landline that would be ADSL or VDSL.
Check with your phone company because you may be able to get what they call "Naked DSL" where you only pay for the phone line Internet connection but not the talking part of the landline phone connection.
Either way you need a physical line coming into your home.
That line can carry both voice and data.