Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

Alex. I'm replying to your question - I hope this is the

Customer Question

Hi Alex. I'm replying to your question - I hope this is the right place to do that. Each of the three spreadsheets starts with a column with an ID number. All of the data needs to relate to the correct ID number. There are no calculations, just raw data, much of it in text form. So, for example sheet one has the ID number and then e.g. Location, Type of Tech, etc. Sheet 2 has the ID number and Size of Organization etc. Sheet 3 has the ID number and Date of Closure etc. (They have more columns than this, I'm just trying to give you the idea.) I want all of the information on one sheet. Not sure how to do this! Hoping it's easy.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Alex Royce replied 4 months ago.

Hello there, Alex here again. Please can you reply to the previous question in the question box, it stops duplicate requests being opened that's all and means you stay connected with your expert (me in this instance).

My reply on the previous query =

If you "cut" the column's that contain the data in the other spreadsheets, and then "special paste" it into the master spreadsheet that contains all the data, it should then allow you to keep the integrity of the data that you desire. Please let me know if i can do anything else for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. Does 'paste special' ensure that the columns pasted will be connected to the correct ID number? Do I need to copy the ID number column as well? Once I click on Paste Special it gives a lot of options. What should I choose?

The first one on the left please. Yes, please copy the full column but only from the 2nd tab downwards.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry, but I'm not finding your answers very clear. I'm going to try someone else.

When it gives you paste options, it is the option on the far left, i can show you an image if that will help?