Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I wish to colour a cell which contains a month name. I have

Customer Question

I wish to colour a cell which contains a month name. I have a list of months and the corresponding colours on another sheet. How can I do this in code?
JA: What programming language are you using for this assignment?
Customer: vba
JA: What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?
Customer: I am making a workbook to organise our holidays.Every 1st Monday in April starts a new year and a new chart based on the previous year is needed. Each month has its own colour which I have in a list.I want to transfer the colour in the list to the merged cells which contain thhe months name. Time? The sooner the better.
JA: Anything else you want the Programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The sort of code I am looking for would be Index/match where I have a list of months in one column and in an adjacent column there would be 12 cells each coloured. And the code would be INDEX(Column of colours,Match(Month,List of month names,0)) But I have not been able to make that work .
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 11 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

​Follow the steps from this link below for the VBA

-------------

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.