Robert H
Robert H,
Experience:  IT Senior Client Services Engineer at DTE
106466437

This is very simple if you know and use excel a lot -

Customer Question

This is very simple if you know and use excel a lot - otherwise less so! I have a spreadsheet with a combination of word and data values and I need it sorting into number of occurring words and numbers (there are only a few choices) and the percentage of times they have occurred. However I need it done straight away...
JA: When did you last update Excel?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Excel?
Customer: Oh - just looked up how to do what I need and decided it would take me too long!
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so - I'd need some idea of cost etc
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi _ I think I am on the wrong site as I wanted someone to do this for me. Happy to pay a fee
Expert:  Robert H replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is Robert and I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Expert:  Robert H replied 6 days ago.

It looks like you are on the right track. You will need to use "COUNTIF"

Expert:  Robert H replied 6 days ago.

See attached.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT
(Your friendly expert)