Rafael Martins
Rafael Martins, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Desktop, Mobile and Web Developer. 7+ years of experience. Creative solutions provider.
16777065

I have a table of data with a number of additional

Customer Question

I have a table of data with a number of additional calculated columns. The calculations have a factor that is either incremented +1 for the next row or if a limit is reached it is set back to 1. The data rows can also be sequenced so that they are also go through a sequence, say variable "ROW_SEQ" value 1, 2 and 3 etc. up to another limit before repeating again. I want to be able to automatically calculate each row sequence variable so that I don't have to manually change the variable and put all the results in a table for further analysis so that I don't have to copy and paste values Many thanks, Trace
Category: Programming
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  NILESH PANCHAL replied 9 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question and Answer site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today!

Can you please share your excel file and let me know what is your requirement.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok with that no problem, I'll let you now if I find a solution in the meantime.

Sure, you can update me for any help required.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Nilesh, I fixed the problem above using the offset function for the sequential number increase as per the Worksheet ref " - U-0.5", for the second sheet the start group ID's do not change when sequence outcome come becomes 1. This means that the offset is out of sync using the offset function so needs to instead go and locate the previous sequence value for that ID group and add +1 to the No, sequence cell. Not sure of the routine to do this if you could possibly help to find a solution.
Many thanks,
Trace.