Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I want to save an excel spreadsheet which I have been

I want to save an excel spreadsheet which I have been working on and wether i give it a new name or try to replace an existing one, when i press "save" the window simply "greys out" apart from the "Save as" box. the only active box is "options" which when it opens asks me for a password ***** open and a password ***** modify. All i want to do is save all the masses of work I've done on it!!
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: Microsoft Excel but I don't know the version, but i think it is 2019
JA: Is your Excel file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?
Customer: Sorry I don't know but i do have iCloud
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like that document is already saved that is why the Save button is greyed.

I suggest you to save as to a new location and then move that file back to the main folder

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Save button is not initially greyed. it is blue as usual. It's only when I click the blue save button the whole of the Finder box is grey apart from the "Save as" box which shows the name I am trying to save it as. I have also tried to save it elsewhere but it still reacts in exactly the same way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to remote assist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there??

Yes, getting you the link

Kindly open this link on your device and Join - https://join.zoho.com/640619570