Rafael Martins
Rafael Martins, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Desktop, Mobile and Web Developer. 7+ years of experience. Creative solutions provider.
16777065

How are you? I am working on python with some spatiotemporal

Customer Question

Hey,
how are you?I am working on python with some spatiotemporal data that has values in all 4 quadrants. The dataset is composed of 7500 sequences and within each sequence there are multiple areas. I am trying to divide the arrays in to subarrays so the values in the arrays goes from 46 individual numbers to 23 groups with 2 numbers in each. I have tried dividing the arrays via numpy with np.array_split(df, 23, axis=1) and it gave me this error - AxisError: axis1: axis 1 is out of bounds for array of dimension 0 - I also tried np.split(df, 23, axis=1) and np.hsplit(df, 23) and their errors were - 'AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'shape'' & 'ValueError: hsplit only works on arrays of 1 or more dimensions'. Is this giving me trouble because I have values that are in all 4 quadrants? and how do I solve this issue?Thank you for your time.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am fine waiting
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 6 days ago.

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

Could you tell me what troubleshooting you have done?

Andy

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What do you mean by troubleshooting? Sorry Im still relatively new to python

I am going to pass this ticket to another expert to assist, you will be emailed when the expert picks this up.
Thanks for letting me help you
Regards Andy