Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

I have a worksheet where I have a macro that copies the row

Customer Question

Hello there, I have a worksheet where I have a macro that copies the row to another sheet depending on a cell reference. I was hoping to update my macro so that it occurs once a day and automatically, is this possible?
JA: Is there a specific language you're coding in?
Customer: I have no idea unfortunately, I didnt write the macro... it starts off private sub_worksheet_change(byval target as range)
JA: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I would like to be able to run the macro automatically at a specific time of day, rather than have the macro take effect as soon as the cell reference is updated
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The workbook is a shared workbook
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Here is the file. Each sheet has the macro to move the row to the next sheet but at the moment this happens immediately but I'd rather it happened at a particular time of day to avoid data corruption in the shared document
Expert:  Alex Royce replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** it is a pleasure to be able to assist you here today. It is possible but it is not overly easy. You need to use Windows Task Scheduler to perform this. To achieve this please head over to; https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/how-to-automatically-run-excel-vba-macros-daily it will make it easier for you and i suspect it will make it do-able.