TechExpertTZ
TechExpertTZ, Bsc Hon Computer Science
Experience:  Masters Computer Science
109092715

Are you working on my malwarebytes, primer, was contacted to

are you working on my malwarebytes
JA: Which Malwarebytes product do you have?
Customer: primer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Malwarebytes software?
Customer: was contacted to day and informed that my new payment for this progremme had not been registered. I think i am being hacked
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no security working at this time - was told to leave pc on over night.

Hi there, Welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped hundreds of customers. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Malwarebytes. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with a reply ASAP. May I know who I'm chatting with?

you can download the free version which has premier features available during trial period, i think for 15 days,

Download https://www.malwarebytes.com/ from this link and then click on Free Download button.

let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi, my name is ***** ***** please call me tony.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok

Hi Tony, please follow the advise i shared with you earlier.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, what aabout the scam problem

once you run the full scan by Malwarebytes this scan will hopefully fix that issue too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
going to bed now - will leave pc on for any more info.

Sure, please leave the scan on, so malwarebytes can finish the scan. thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
malwarebytes scan will not run.

why not?

Please follow advise below

Manually Scan with Malwarebytes for Windows

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039024353-Manually-Scan-with-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v3

The steps are listed in a step by step order in the above link i shared, so please go through them one after the other and take your time.

Let me know the result please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have tryed this - scan runs on first section - that has been running for three hours and has not moved to the second item in list

can you share a screenshot so i can see what is happening?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no good. my malwarebytes is not the same as the link shows - mine just shows three boxes - detection history. - scanner - realtime protection.

and the big scan button? to start the scan? it is right in the middle of the application

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
dont know how to do that

if malwarebytes not working for you then consider download the free trial of McAfee which will clean your computer

https://www.mcafee.com/en-us/antivirus/free.html

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have mcafee and thats not working - you cant open it

If so, then please uninstall McAfee first, it could be that it is causing the conflict with malwarebytes too, have a look in your add/remove program in control panel and you should uninstall all software that you don't recognize or causing you issues.