Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Years of professional experience in Python, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, Java, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL
8287049

I'd like to know how to escape the '&' character for the

Customer Question

I'd like to know how to escape the '&' character for the system() function (windows.h) in C++? I've tried '\&', '\\&', '&&', '&&&', '\"&\"'. I can work around it using a batch file but I'd really like to know how to do it using the system() function?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 21 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for the question. Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. The following should work from a system call:\\&\Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry, it doesn't.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It's ok, I've found the answer.