Bing
Bing, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
96068672

I need help wth the following: Mysql xampp error. 01:16:53

Customer Question

Hi, I need help wth the following : Mysql xampp error.
01:16:53 [mysql] Error: MySQL shutdown unexpectedly.
JA: Is there a specific language you're coding in?
Customer: mysql
JA: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Mysql xampp error.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Programming
Expert:  projectx2501-PHD-DBA replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Are you ready now or did you need a few minutes?

This is quite common and nothing to worry about.

It may be easier for you to see and hear the instructions needed to address your issue. Here is a link to a video that shows you what to do. However I am here to help you along the way or if you have any questions about what is shown in the video. Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cD4XO9Pj1s

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am ready Art
THank you

Great, not sure if my reply was caught while you were replying to me. Here it is again :)

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
THank you , I just watched and tried.. but there is no backup folder in my mysql folder
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a backup from yesterday of my databases which was a mysql .css export from the phpmyadmin

Ok sometimes it is in another location. What version of windows do you have?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Windows 10 home

Ok and where did you install your database folder? Sometimes people do it right on the C: drive.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, it is in the htdocs folder

On the XAMPP click on logs for the mysql app. Can you attach the long here? You would use the paper icon at the end of where you type.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (557GTPV)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I could not attach the text file, i pasted the logs into a word document

Thank you. I am reading them now. You dont have a back up folder inside mysql folder? You would go to C:\xampp and look for the mysql folder there. If you dont have it, that is ok.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, there is not.
I do have the database export backup that i downloaded yesterday before the error appeared. It is of use?

It may be, copy the files inside that folder and put them inside the data folder in the mysql folder.

If not, that is ok. Can you start the xampp-control app as an administrator for testing. To do this, right click on the icon for xampp-control and select run as administrator. Start apache and wait until it loaded, then start mysql. Does it start? Then shut everything down so we dont run as admin.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is not a folder, just a .css export download of all of the databases
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, same error when open in administrator

Yeah dont worry about it. Just try to run as admin.

Ok, it may be a firewall issue. Are you running any anti-virus programs? Have you opened the port for mysql?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I tried as amdinistrator, same erroe

Ok, press the windows button and the letter X then select command prompt and run it as administrator. In the box that comes up type;

netstat -a

Do you see mysql there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, I do not see mysql

That likely means that is it being blocked. You should run that command while mysql is trying to start. So hit start then go run the command right away. Still dont see it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, I still do not see it. It takes long time to load the list so i kept clicking start every time it finished to keep tying to connect until the netstat had finished

I am out of ideas. To be fair to you, I will opt out of this question which will open the question up to all the experts who will see it and then be able to reply to you. Another expert may have more experience with your particular problem than I do. Someone will be with you shortly. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I opened the netstat box from the xampp panel while i tried to connect to mysql also
Mysql appeared in green for PORT 3306 and then changed to red when it did not work
Expert:  Bing replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Is the MySQL server running on a Windows 10 Home computer?