Mark W
Mark W, Consultant
Experience:  BSc in Computer Science
106604827

This might be a bit hard to explain without screenshots but

Hello, this might be a bit hard to explain without screenshots but my question is as follows: I want to set up a document in excel that has a sentence with placeholders in it. For example "I really like A and B". Within a different column I would then prepare a list of keywords to replace A. And another column would have keywords for B. The idea is to drag the sentence down and for excel to insert keywords for A and B automatically. However I can't find a formula for a sentence with replacing individual placeholders. Do you know if this is possible at all? Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated!
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Excel 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not manually
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thank you!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (M531677)

Hi there,

If you use a formula like

="For a "&C1&" who likes to "&D1&" and "&E1

you can copy this down and it should work. Is this what you are after?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Mark! I will try that out and let you know if it's what I am after. Thanks for your quick response!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Perfect thank you that worked just as intended. Appreciate the help Mark!

You're welcome. If you could give me a positive rating, that would be great. Feel free to ask me any new questions on https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-markbritish/

Mark