Bing
Bing, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
96068672

Need help with something. I have a list of 200+ numbers and

Customer Question

Hello need help with something. I have a list of 200+ numbers and I need to find which ones equal a specific sum it’s on a work system so n access to kutools
JA: Is there a specific language you're coding in?
Customer: It’s just basic excel no coding
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: excel
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Programming
Expert:  Abhishek Gupta 2 replied 16 days ago.

Hello.Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent paid Question and Answer support site.

I am Abhi with over 4 years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sure thanks
Please follow the below steps to find all combinations that equal a given sum
  1. Click Kutools > Content > Make Up a Number.
  2. In the Make up a number dialog box, please do the below settings.
  3. In the next Make up a number dialog box, select a cell to output the combinations, and click the OK button.

Hope the suggestion provided is helpful. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi. I can’t access Kutools on my machine. It’s a work machine so no adds on. Hence need the expert help!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No can’t securely connect just need the advice on here please

To activate an Excel add-in.

Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category. In the Manage box, click Excel Add-ins, and then click Go. The Add-Ins dialog box appears. In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to the add-in that you want to activate, and then click OK.

We offer additional services at an additional cost for complex problems such as installation and troubleshooting. You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

We can continue via chat without any additional charges.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s not helpful
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can’t use the add ins, I am on a work device we can’t access them we are not allowed
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I need more precise help for how to create a formula or cba for this problem

So, can you solve your problem.

Please apply once, I will wait for your response.

For CBA you calculate like this.

For standard CBA, the formula, the benefit/cost ratio, is fairly simple: Benefit/cost, simplified as b/c. While there are slightly more complex formulas, the benefit-cost ratio is essentially just taking into account all of the direct or indirect costs and benefits and seeing if one outweighs the other.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I don’t need that
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you even a human being?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I need real help here that’s what I am paying for not robot help

Get Kutools in Excel.

Show or display all cell formulas in Excel

1. Open the worksheet which contains the formulas you want to show.
  2. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet Design.
  3. And a new Design tab will be appeared, check the Show Formulas box in the View group under the Design tab. See screenshot:

I hope your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’d like a refund. This service is less than useful.
Unfortunately, this is something I am not very familiar with and it will take me longer to complete
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

I am creating a demo for you and please let me know if it is something you are looking for.

Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

e.g. Sum of C2:E2 equals 16, and 16 is listed under Sequential Numbers, and its corresponding name is Gustaaf.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hey. Not exactly no but thanks for trying. I will try again and explain. So I have a list of numbers… around 200 numbers all of different values. Then I have a special number. I know that the total of the special number is ***** combination of some of the numbers within the list but I don’t know which ones exactly so need something to help figure that out.
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

>  I have a special number. (a single number)

> I know that the total of the special number (total of multiple numbers?)

In my understanding, the total of a single number doesn't make sense.

Is it possible you simple upload your workbook with example numbers and result for review?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry I can’t I don’t have access to excel on my phone! Let me try and explain again. Let’s say that the special number is ***** 500. And the list of numbers is 1000, 2000, 250, 150, 100, 20, 5. I would want a way to figure out that 150, 250 and 100 equal to 500. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my list actually has 200 numbers in it and the special number is ***** so not as easy to spot as that example but that is the type of thing I am looking for
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

> a way to figure out that 150, 250 and 100 equal to 500

How do you present 150, 250 and 100? Highlight them individually?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They are in a list of numbers. So there is a long list of numbers. Almost 200 numbers. And I need to figure out which of the 200 numbers sum up to equal the special number.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The numbers I gave you were just a basic example of what I am trying to do
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

Please be aware that it might have a number of possible combinations in the same list to give the total to a number.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It won’t be. They are very specific numbers. Like 9987.32 and that sort of thing. Either way can you help?
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

To be honest, I don't think it can be done using Excel's built-in formulas.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thanks. I don’t agree but okay. No problem. Have a nice day.
Expert:  Bing replied 16 days ago.

You too. Good luck.