James Benton
James Benton,
Experience:  In original application at In original application
108521329

Need help for the error code below error -

Customer Question

Need help for the error code belowerror - components\NavBar.jsx (9:10) @ NavBar
TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'showCart' of '(0 , _context_StateContext__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_4__.useStateContext)(...)' as it is undefined.
7 |
8 | const NavBar = () => {
> 9 | const { showCart, setShowCart, totalQuantities } = useStateContext();
| ^
10 |
11 | return (
12 |<div>
error - components\NavBar.jsx (9:10) @ NavBar
7 |
8 | const NavBar = () => {
| ^
10 |
11 | return (
12 |<div></div></div>
Category: Programming
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  James Benton replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to JustAnswer, a paid question / answer service. You have reached the information technology department and my name is***** goal is to reach a timely and accurate resolution to your issue. It will be an honor assisting you today. When we conclude this session, please rate the assistance I will provide.

My apologies for the inconvenience. I understand you need help with a React application.

It looks like you are trying to perform destructuring [...] on a variable that is not iterable. Arrays can be destructured, as well as an object's properties. Are you able to provide the source code where this error message points to, along with any methods that are also invoked when this message occurs and I'll have a look at your program for you. If there are multiple components being rendered in this process, please share them as well. I'd prefer you not paste the code to this thread, as it is difficult for me to interpret, but please share the code, properly formatted, via a .txt extension or your GitHub repository.

Hi, I am reaching out to you because you have posted a question on the JustAnswer website, requesting for assistance with a React application. If you were not able to find an answer to your inquiry, please post an update to this thread and I'll be happy to continue assisting you. If you were, though, good work. Remember, with your seven day trial, you can ask unlimited questions to the experts here at JustAnswer; we are at you disposal If you should decide to stick with us after that seven day trial, then there is only a small monthly bill of around $45.00 (roughly about $1.50 a day), which will give you unlimited access to the JustAnswer platform and its wide range of expertise provided by the personnel, such as myself, here onsite. You can have a look at the different categories from the link below, most of which include various topics under one title, Don't hesitate to reach back out to us if you need us again in the future, we will be glad to assist you. Thanks again for your question and have a wonderful day ahead.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/categories-justanswer