TechExpertTZ
TechExpertTZ, Bsc Hon Computer Science
Experience:  Masters Computer Science
109092715

I want to set up a formula that enable me to update a cell

Hi, I want to set up a formula that enable me to update a cell based on another cell. Foe example, if I entered a date on cell T1, then I want the cell T2 to change from 1 to 0, will that be easy to set up? I have tried IF function but it didn't work for me. Please could you be able to help? Thank you.
JA: Is there a specific language you're coding in?
Customer: No
JA: What's your objective? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Is there any formatting that I can setup without vba?
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think thats all. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, a Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped thousands of customers.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your excel formula. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

• May I know who I'm chatting with?

• It is possible but to test can you share with me real data or working excel you have?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Tauseef, thanks for your response. I am Josie.
I wanted to enter the date in column Q, then it will update the value from 1 to 0 in column F to I.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hello Josie, I will get back to you after reviewing this. Thank you.

Hello, please find attached, every time a date is entered in the column the value will change to 0, otherwise, it is 1. Let me know if any questions. Thank you.