Bing
Bing, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
96068672

I have a spreadsheet whereby i want a row to turn if

Hi, I have a spreadsheet whereby i want a row to turn green if anything is entered in a cell ... does that make sense?
JA: Hi. What programming language are you using for this assignment?
Customer: excel
JA: What are the full requirements for this task? How soon do you need it completed?
Customer: i want to do it today if poss .... so i already have a spreadsheet with all the columns titled etc... i want to when i type in anything in a column (AG) that the whole row turns green
JA: Is there anything else the Programmer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have another question ... for the same spreadsheet ... Column AI needs to be the total time between Column T and Column AG in days
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today. 

Do you mean for all non-empty cells in a given scope, they will be highlighted in green?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
in 'normal' lay persons speak... i have a spreadsheet whereby i want the row to turn green if i type anything, into column AG
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
cant connect remotely as i am in work and dont want connection on the works pc
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hello? can you help ?

Okay, I am working on an example for you. Please wait. Thanks.

Here you go.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if anything is typed into AG then the row will turn green?

Yes, you can test it.

Oh, the cell, not the whole row.

Do you want the whole row to be highlighted in green?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ive managed to sort it now ... but the other thing i am stuck on ... i need a column C to be the time in days between A and B for example
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Good to know that.

A quick answer to your new matter is to use "-" (minus) to calculate the days between two dates.

However, as it is a new matter, as per the rules of this site, please kindly ask a new question to address the new matter. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks - i did that but i will try again

You are welcome.