Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.

I get a request to "instal Silverlight" but it is already installed.;

I get a request to "instal Silverlight" but it is already installed.; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still get the same message.

I amusing ie10 on Windows 7 sp1.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Dennis Marshall

Hello Dennis! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the website that keeps asking to install Silverlight?

Can we do a remote session, so I can chat with you and help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Viet,

I have found that by making Chrome my default browser the problem with Silverlight has corrected itself.

Sorry to have troubled you.

kind regards

Dennis Marshall.

Great. I'm glad it's working now. Using Chrome is faster and more reliable than Internet Explorer.

If you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know any time. Thank you