Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.

I want to re-install Google Chrome because page is stuck on

Customer Question

I want to re-install Google Chrome because page is stuck on right-hand side. However, ESET regards XXXXX XXXXX download as malicious and doesn't allow this.Please advise
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8? Have you tried to close Chrome / restart the computer yet?

Can you please disable ESET temporarily, then try:

- Open ESET program. (How do I open my ESET product?)

1. Click the Protection status icon -> Temporarily disable protection. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm this action.

2. In the Temporarily disable protection window, select 1 hour. Click OK to continue.

3. Then uninstall/reinstall Chrome.

If needed, have you tried to go to Control Panel, and uninstall/remove Google Chrome there? Then download and reinstall:

And/or if you'd like to, we can set up a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly.

Edit: It looks like you are away. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further. Thank you very much.