Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have received an email from BT about my account being compromised.

I have received an email from BT about my account being compromised. I have changed my password XXXXX have tried to follow the security advice also given. This keeps failing as the BT pages on the links do not open and I cannot get the Email link on the BT home page to open my account. I keep getting a message that the webpage security has expired. This question comes from my laptop - the desktop I have problems with operates Windows Vista. How do I complete the security checks and confirm that there are no remaining problems
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be caused by an issue within Internet Explorer and I want to rule this out first please.

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and try to complete the security steps.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

I have done as you asked and the results remain as before

Thanks James,

You can still log into your account correct?

If so, what is the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

Yes I can log in but it now asks me for my user name and password XXXXX each time. My internet address ends @btinternet.com

Thanks James

Click my link below and tell me if you can edit your security details this way please

Click me to open

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

I don't know if you received my email from my desktop but if not I confirm that your last message was not received on that PC but I clicked on your link above on my laptop and this time I was able to open my account on the laptop. I temporarily lost your message here and when looking for it I found that the emails on the laptop are not open and there is a message that it does not sync

I did not receive it sorry

I was not completely clear sorry on your message James.

Using my link, where you able to reset the security details of your account?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

yes I did

ok, so everything is now good correct James?

The security details are now updated.

Is this correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

Thank you I have now been able to confirm the security details all seem to be correct but I have one last question please. Is it a problem that my desktop still doesn't link as I should and tells me that the web security of the link has expired?

Which link are you referring to James?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Richard

Both the email link from bt.com and also the link from mail.yahoo

Ah ok, they have just expired James.

Just go to www.yahoo.com

And click on Mail in the top right. This is the best way to access it.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.