Bryan
Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
59162784

One of my friends is having a problem contacting me by phone,

One of my friends is having a problem contacting me by phone, all she is getting when calling my number is XXXXX message saying "this number does not receive incoming calls " which is not so. I have not requested this and have not barred her number. ???

Bryan :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Bryan :

Hav you had other incoming calls to your number since your friend first reported the problem to you?

Customer:

None of my other friends have had any probs

Bryan :

And they have called you since your friend first told you about the problem?

Bryan :

Are you still with me?

Bryan :

There are 2 main issues that cause this problem. I can try to help you troubleshoot but I need to know if you're still there. The first issue is that one of the numbers (caller or called) is in pre-suspension mode. The second is if one of the numbers has recently been ported from a different service provider. Let me know what you'd like to do when you return.

Customer:

Hi Bryan, none of my other friends have had any probs contacting me

Bryan :

Ok, let me ask you this way ... when did your friend first tell you about the problem?

Bryan :

Is there any chance that either you or your friend's phone are in pre-suspension?

Bryan :

Have either you or your friend recently ported your number from a different service provider?

Bryan :

Can your friend call other people without a problem?

Bryan, Computer Repairer
Experience: Hardware/Software/Viruses/Malware/Spyware .. I can help you fix it all.
This sounds like a local exchange fault, or user error.
If your friend is sure they are dialling the correct number, I would ask them to try again.
If your friend is still having an issue, I would get them to try calling your from a different landline or mobile, if the fault only occurs when calling from a specific number, its likly to be a issue with your friends phone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning Bryan, my friend has had no chnages in her phone system, none of my other friends/contacts have has any probs getting through to me via my landline, Should the friend who is having the problem report it to BT faults? Regards Maureen,

Definitely yes. It does sound like a problem on her end. Please let me know the outcome.