Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

My kindle was soaked in sea water, dried out and now says "Your

My kindle was soaked in sea water, dried out and now says "Your Kindle Needs Repair"
Does it?
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

how old is the Kindle

Kindle approx three years old

It is not only kindle by it applies to all Electronic devices they are basically not waterproof so in that case the water gets into the device when it gets spilled or its dropped into water the component gets short circuit and the entire mother board need a replacement.

Replacing motherboard does not make sense however opting for a new device would be a wiser decisions as repair cost will be close to a new device cost. you can get your books transferred to your new kindle.

Let me know if you have any question.