Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

My HP laptop has Windows 8. I cannot get rid of an Excel blank

My HP laptop has Windows 8. I cannot get rid of an Excel blank spreadsheet from the Start page
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about the issue. Please try these steps:
  1. Visit the start page where the blank Excel spreadsheet is shown
  2. Right-click on that blank Excel spreadsheet icon
  3. Then click on Unpin from Start
  4. What happens? Was it removed using the steps above?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The right click does not work on this spreadsheet

Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing back. I also have an HP desktop here with Windows 8 and I cannot replicate your scenario.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing the problem? Remote access is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there in your computer and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want such remote option.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Michael for allowing me to remotely access your computer. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool.

Please click on the link below, then click on the green Agree button When prompted to download the remote access tool, please do so. After downloading, run it to join me in the remote session.

Here is the link:

Best regards,

Thank you for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote support. Your Excel was non-responsive so you can end task using Task Manager.
I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,