Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years

I have had a DGM T-909S time. I decided to reset it

I have had a DGM... Show More
I have had a DGM T-909S for some time. I decided to reset it yo Factory Settings. Selected the menu option, confirmed I wanted to reset and off it went resetting. Unfortunately when it restarted it came up with a message at the top left of the screen
Boot into recovery mode ...... and refuses to do anything else. Any suggestions on how to sort this out
Show Less
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your tablet for 5 minutes and perform the steps below...

make sure it's powered off. Next, hold the volume up and power buttons for about 10-20 seconds, somewhere in that time frame a menu should appear on the screen.

Use the volume keys to move the cursor up and down, and select the "factory reset" option using the power button. Just click it one time to select it. It will then ask you to confirm your selection. Use the volume keys to navigate once more to the "yes" option and click the power button.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I did as you suggested. I only have a single rocker volume switch so held it down in the middle. I succeed to a degree I got a menu of sorts but not as you suggested. I got the following:
(Red). Are you sure system recovery
(Red) only power button long press in 10 seconds
(Lime green) recovery confirmed
(Red) boot into system recovery mode
Pressing the volume controls had no affect and the display stayed on the screen for about 20 seconds and then disappeared. Touching the power button brought the same display back but nothing seems to be happening

Try powering off the tablet and holding down

POWER and VOLUME DOWN for 10 seconds
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I did that with exactly the same result. One thing, if I do it with the power lead in the message stays, if I do it with the power lead disconnected I get the same messages but it lasts a couple of seconds then reverts to Reboot in recovery mode
How old is the tablet?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

About 3 years, running Android 4.0, Kernel 3.0.8. Build number V 1.5.7

Since the above steps did not work and it continues to boot into safe mode, there is hardware failure at some level within the tablet. The bad news is that the tablet is not under warranty anymore. If you purchased the tablet through Amazon then Amazon should give you a credit for purchasing a newer tablet.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for trying