Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years

I have a Kindle e-book 3G reader bought 5 years ago. My wife

I have a Kindle e-book 3G reader bought 5 years ago. My wife stepped on it and the screen has gone all fuzzy. Repair would cost the same as buying a new one which is what I will do. However, I have 250+ books archived on on the damaged device and some pre orders pending. I am concerned about getting the archived books and pre orders transferred to a new device. Is this possible, and if so how do I do this?
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

When you purchase the new Kindle and register it to your Amazon account, the books will download from that account. The only requirement is to use the same Amazon account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By 'books' do you mean both archived items and existing pre orders? Will the downloads be automatic or do I have to activate something?

It will be automatic after the Kindle is registered and connected to Wi-Fi

All archived items will appear in the CLOUD tab of the Kindle and may require a tap of the icon next to it to download quickly.

Exisitng pre-orders will download without any issues.