arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified

There, back again, as you can see by my past questions

Hi There,
back again, as you can see by my past questions I am not in the least computer literate, so bear with me, I have a bt home hub downstairs, I know I can pick up the wireless signal if I take my laptop upstairs, my son got a Compaq proper computer, can this be picked up by wireless, as I have no phone connections upstairs , and if it can what do you do
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possiblePlease save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can use to rejoin session till question gets closed
Could you share Compaq computer model, please?
(If Compaq computer has wireless adapter and is located in proper wireless range, you will able to connect machine to wireless HUB )
Please reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can I tell if it has wireless adapter

Are you there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you get me the Compaq machine model, so that i could check it has wireless support?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you don't seem to be getting this message, label on computer says

agency series PD1067P

INPUT 50-60

A 2.7

V 100-240

D5 1S /2PA/20/K/128C UK

Please wait
Is it a bed type machine
Is it a Pentium 4 machine
It seems a bit old PC
Are you there
Can you do this activity on compaq machine.. It will let us know if it has a wireless adapter Please let me know when you are ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do this on compaq machine 1: Click Start > type devmgmt.msc press enter key This opens device manager windows2: On Device Manager window, Double click > Network Adapters section Tell me the devices that shows under it
(If system has wireless adapter it shows wireless adapter name, from that we can come come to a conclusion)
If you have trouble performing procedure, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nop, That's LAN adapter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only thatIf so, then system doesn't have wireless adapter hence you can't use it to connect wireless hub
Hey, this doesn't mean that you can't use wireless on this machine.. If you puchase a wireless adapter, you could use to connect wireless hub
I hope wireless adapter/dongle won't cost much
If you are interested to buy, you could check in ebay or other eCommerce sites.If you want me to check, please let me know when you are from
sir,If you are satisfied with my assistance please rate me before you disconnect this sessionIf you still have query, please feel free to ask, i am happy to assistRegards,Fiyaz