How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kamil Anwar Your Own Question
Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 6632
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Kamil Anwar is online now

In windows XP there was a screenl accessed from Control Panel

This answer was rated:

In windows XP there was a screenl accessed from Control Panel which had 5 sliders to adjust elements of Sound. Where is the equivalent in Windows 7 ?
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
This is changed in Windows 7 and the later versions.
In the lower right corner, there is a sound icon.
Right click on this icon, and then select "Open volume mixer" - this will list the options depending on your card/driver.
Further settings can be accessed by:
Right Clicking the same sound icon, and selecting "Playback Devices" / "Recording Devices", this will take you into the properties for each from where you will get further controls.
But by default, it is already set to work at it's best and i would not suggest changing anything there unless you really need to.
You can still raise/lower the volume which is okay.
But if you still want to have extra controls, then you can download an equalizer from
Let me know if you have any questions and if i have answered your questions, then please remember to rate my service by clicking the star icon.
Kamil Anwar and 2 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you