IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I want to delete the archive i had created in Take out google

I want to delete the archive i had created in Take out google tool. I need to create new ones and the system is telling me that i have created too many archives, please come back later??? i have been looking how to delete those i already poroduced instead of wait 7 days. What could i do?
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
let me know the exact error message you get when you try to delete the archive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not received a messag when i tried to delete the archive. The problem is when i tried to create a new one i received this:

Something went wrong...

We couldn't create your archive.

Sorry, you are trying to create too many archives. Please try again later.

I created 6 since last friday. I was making a research in google i saw a you tube video. The problem is in the vidos looks like there is the option to delete the files but i can not find that option. it is strange

Please open the link give below and follow the steps
if you are using IE try to use chrome and then use the google account.
unsupported version of IE" seems to have caused the error.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i did that before to write here, but the document did not describe how to delete the archives

did you try to use a different browser like firefox or Chrome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. i tried firefox, chome and safari. if you see this video you can see the option to delete the archives, however when i open the aplication for the manage the archives on my email, that is not there at all.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($12). It is 100% safe as you will be watching your screen and we can use a live chat to communicate, it will be a faster mode of help.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistanc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How this work? we will be conected by skype?

Please check your email for remote support service agree.
attached remote link now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To understand, you will get acess to my email account in the are of the download data to delete the archives i have there?

I believe you have not opted for a remote assistance is that correct.
not a problem i will give you more steps to follow in the question answer mode.
Try to reset your browser to default and clear cookies and cache and then try the google takeout.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi it is not working

i will have to opt out and let other experts review this issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. so i will wait for other expert

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I see that the previous Expert suggested to use another web browser or to reset the browser settings in order to be able to create a new archive. I am sure your web browser is fine, so you don't need to do any changes there.

I am sorry to bring you bad news, but the cause of the problem is in the Google Takeout limitation. Google has done some changes recently. The YouTube video you mentioned no longer applies. The interface has changed and there is no way to manually delete an archive as before. Archives are now automatically deleted after 7 days and you can download the same archive up to 5 times.

On the previous "Download your data" page, before they updated it, Google stated this:

"We have set some special limits on how often you can export your Gmail: three times a day, and up to seven times total per week. We don’t expect this to be a problem for most people, but if it is, let us know."

They included the feedback page as well which still exists. Here is the link:

I am not sure why they removed that statement, since it seems there are others who tend to regularly create archives, but they are unable to do so because of that limitation.

See this:

That being said, you will need to wait for a few days and then you will be able to create a new archive. If you find the limitation to be frustrating, you can provide your feedback to Google. Maybe they remove the limitation in the near future.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional