Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting

There I am on vacation in the USA, I downloaded the new

Hi There
I am on vacation in the USA, I downloaded the new version of windows 10, now I can not make head nor tail of anything, there is no start box at the bottom so I cant get onto internet explorer or yahoo in the normal way, the layout for me being totally non computer literate is baffling to say the least, can someone with remote control come on and sort it out for me, or put my old windows 7 back
Simply right-click on the tiles and choose Unpin from Start. Once they are all gone, the Start Menu will be nice and slim again.
You can also change the color of the Start Menu by right-clicking on any open space on the menu and choosing Personalize from the context menu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have a start menu, that's my problem

It is supposed to have a start menu what do you see?