Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist

My S6 Edge didn't recognise my thumbprint and asked

My S6 Edge didn't recognise my thumbprint and asked for back up password.. I can't remember what I set so now it's giving me the option to reset via Google but when I put in my gmail address and password ***** not recognising that either... I don't want my phone reset as I have really important photos and numbers on it!
Is there a way for me to get the phone to ask for my thumbprint again?
Please help ­čśó
I am sorry to hear that happened.If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to.. sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I signed onto my google account, it took me to device manager which showed me a map and said no active devices.. I couldn't see a lock option anywhere to select?
You must have signed in with a different google account on the S6. Do you know of another email you would have used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, that's my google accout.. I don't think I've linked the phone to my google account or haven't turned on the visibility on the phone maybe?.. I guess there's no way to go back to thumbprint?
okay, unfortunately, the only other option will be if you have Samsung Find My Mobile service.To use Samsung Find My Mobile service, you need:a Samsung account. The webpage requires you to log in with your Samsung account.enable Find My Mobile on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge. If you added a Samsung account on the Galaxy S6, by default, this is enabled.
if you want to check>