IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Network shared folder cannot be accessed, keep getting windows

Network shared folder cannot be accessed, keep getting windows message box for username and password
Hello! My name is***** tell me which Windows version you are using. Also, are you having problems accessing only one particular network shared folder, or you are unable to access all of them (if there are more)? Let me know,IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 8.1; cant access any of the shared folders. They are stored on the WD MyBookLive
OK. Are you trying to access the shared folders for the first time, or it has worked before, but now stopped working and asking you for username and password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
was working before, but now stopped and asking for username and password
In that case, you need to access the WD MyBookLive control panel and review the accounts there. It is possible that something has changed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont think so, i just have one user set up on the WD MyBookLive, tried using that login but no joy
Please change the password ***** that user, or create a new user and try with that one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yea tried creating new user on WD and giving it same share access, but no joy either
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sure
Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5b526fec-e8f5-40a2-a298-788cf0de9009Click the link and then click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Connected.
Problem solved via remote desktop assistance.