Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

I have a humax foxtat-hd and I cannot access the recorder its

I have a humax foxtat-hd and I cannot access the recorder its telling me its full yet when I bring the video onto the screen I seem to have lost everything.tried re formatting only getting message hdd not formatting if I say yes nothing happens.can you help me?
(I think the grand kids have been pressing buttons)
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
As the first step remove the power to the foxtat and wait 10 minutes (so disconnect it from the power socket)
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still no luck tv ok when I try to record an ongoing programme I am getting message

live.when I try to prerecord telling me there is no space message hdd not formatting again pressed yes

and then it does not complete the formatting correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does not seem like it.but how would I know

it would say it is doing it
It is the internal hard drive that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help,but the box is out of warranty.canyou recommend anything

For this device it is cheaper in the long run to purchase a replacement Roger, as the cost to repair will exceed the value of it plus you will only get a limited warranty on it.
I advise to purchase a replacement unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry to be a nuisance last question I promise

how do you rate the bt.option?

ask as many as you wishBy BT you mean Bluetooth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no the british telecom box set up

Got it, no, keep away, in my opinion the Humax are the best, ***** ***** is a lot less then BT's
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks again better go shopping then

your welcomePlease let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service ratingThank you