Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting

I have downloaded windows 10 and now my printer doesn't work

I have downloaded windows 10 and now my printer doesn't work and I also cannot play DVD's
Go here and choose Drivers & Downloads then your operating system to download the Windows 10 driver:
See here to play DVDs again:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thks got the DVD working but still no luck with the printer. I have downloaded the new driver from Epson but printer still not printing. Any further ideas please? Thk you
Unplug the printer from power for a few minutes then plug it back in go to Settings / Devices is your printer listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is .....
Select it and then Remove Device. Then Add Device and add it back then try to print
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm the pc cannot find the printer? I have rebooted, still no joy! Tried "find printer by other options" and " my printer is a little older. Help me find it" nothing is found.
Is it plugged in by USB?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is.....
Try a different port.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is only the one USB port. Which is working as I have checked it by charging my iPod up earlier.
Are you sure you installed the right driver is that Windows 32 or 64 bit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I selected 64 bit, how can I check which version I have downloaded?
Just do it again.
Sorry actually Windows 10 drivers for this product are installed automatically when you power-on and connect your printer to your Windows 10 computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok just discovered that, so what can I try next please?
Go to programs and uninstall any Epson drivers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok uninstalled Epsom printer software
Ok now restart the computer and turn off the printer then turn on printer and try to add it in Settings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No printer found.....
OK I would say the printer is defective at this point. You might try another USB cord.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, will have to get one and come back to you another time, thks for your help so far...
Ok good luck. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!