Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.

Should my Hewlett Packard Pavilion laptop have a working HDMI

Should my Hewlett Packard Pavilion laptop have a working HDMI input
I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I ask for the model name of your HP Pavilion laptop?
I will be standing by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is the HP Pavilion.

There is limited operating paperwork with this machine.

I have searched in the battery compartment as suggested in the paperwork, and come up with:-

S/N:- 5cD3283W8

Model :- 15-p209na

I am hoping to use this machine occasionally as a remote monitor from the DVR.

Hello George,
I am sorry to report, but laptop screens do not work that way. You can plug monitors into this laptop and view what is on the laptop on those screens. However, you cannot plug something into this laptop and use the laptop screen as a monitor to see what is on the device that is plugged into it.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** worth the money to get a definitive answer. Pity I did not do my homework first.

Hello George,Thank you for your time today. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page by choosing the number of stars to rate me and clicking the Submit button. You are super welcome.Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason