Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

Not used my PC in a while, turned it on and it seems stuck

Not used my PC in a while, turned it on and it seems stuck on 'Please press DEL to enter UEFI BIOS setting'. Lights on the keyboard are on and seem fine but nothing I press has any effect. Please help
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, turn on the computer and tell me if it now starts please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope. No change
Are you using a wireless or cabled keyboard?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, plug it into a different USB port on the computer
Then start it and keep tapping Delete
Does it then react?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, should have mentioned that I've already tried this. Will try again
ok, use a different port then before
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope, used three different ports now. The lights on the keyboard come on just after the screen im stuck on comes up.
It is the internal motherboard that has faulted.
It will be the chipset as it is complaining about the Bios but will not let you enter it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the PC to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.