Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

MY LENOVO C560 IS RUNNING WINDOWS 10 AND IS STUCK IN AUTOMATIC

MY LENOVO C560 IS RUNNING WINDOWS 10 AND IS STUCK IN AUTOMATIC REPAIR. IT WILL NOT START UP. WHAT CAN I DO TO AVOID RESETTING AND LOSING MY FILES?
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with windows 10 stuck on autorepair screen. You will not loose data this is a common issue with windows 10 however you can press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds the comuter will shut down wait for 2 mins and then power it back on, it will load windows 10 and once you are in windows 10 desktop screen you can run the manual windows update.
If you find any problem let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TRIED THAT A FEW TIMES BUT STILL GOING INTO AUTOMATIC REPAIR
Press ctrl alt and delete key together you will see a new windows where you will see the power button icon press and hold down the shift key and take the mouse cursor and click on it while holding down the shift key on the keyboard and click on restart option. Let me know once the computer reboots it will come up with diagnostics mode. let me know once you are there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PRESSING ALT CTRL DELETE HAS NO AFFECT BUT THE AUTOMATIC REPAIR SCREEN HAS AN ADVANCED OPTIONS BUTTON WHICH WHEN PRESSED BRINGS A TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION
select troubleshooting and let me know what options you get.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RESET THIS PC
ADVANCED OPTIONS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
You will see reset this pc and select keep my files if you see the option select that however this means no data loss will happen however if have backed up your data before considering windows 10 would be a good idea.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TRIED RESETTINGMessage reads 'There was a problem restting your PC No changes were made'
originally the computer came with windows 10 or you upgraded it from windows 7, or 8.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
upgraded from 8.1
before running the update did it work fine with windows 10
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
worked fine with 8.1
did it work fine with windows 10 ever or this is the first time you were upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
upgraded to w10 3weeks ago been ok up until now
At this point there is only one option left you will have to roll back to windows 8.1 and you will be back to your previous windows screen with all your apps and files. Try to back up your data on an external drive and then remove any external devices connected on the usb port apart from keyboard and mouse.
you would need the windows 8.1 recovery disk if you have created one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a recovery disk
go into the advance options and check if you get the option to roll back or go to previous wndows os.
Before attemping roll back try to select system restore to a previous data when it was working fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not able to restore.
did you try to run restore earlier?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GONE BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS